If you’re new to digital marketing, this may be one of the few times you’ve heard of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Are you wondering how important SEO in your digital marketing strategy? You’ve come to the right place!
SEO is one of the popular buzzwords in the digital marketing industry. However, it is disappointing to hear that most digital marketers don’t know how to utilize it.
It’s not a surprise though because even SEO experts still experience difficulties. SEO is truly a challenging factor in producing your desired output. If it’s not incorporated well, this might pull down your campaign even more.
Searching about the product or service one’s going to purchase has become a norm now. As such, search engines such as Google are commonly used by consumers. This is where SEO comes to play.
SEO is the best solution to increase your website ranking
SEO is optimizing your website to appear in a search result according to its quality and relevance to that particular search query. The goal here is to be included in the top results because users rely heavily on these rankings.
Knowing the answers to these questions will allow you to connect to the people who are searching online for the solutions you offer.
Importance of SEO
Utilizing SEO can be beneficial to your digital marketing efforts. This is the non-paid way of advertising your content to search engines. It is especially important for your potential clients because it provides the following:
- Things that people are often searching online;
- Answers they are seeking;
- Words they’re using; and
- type of content they prefer and use.
Now that you know what users want and need, these can help you connect with them. You can also align the solutions you offer with what they search for.
Website rankings are important for your business because they will provide you the website traffic you need. If your business doesn’t appear on the first page of the search results, then it won’t likely get the traffic you need.
SEO may be difficult to implement for beginners so it’s best to consult an expert in digital marketing. This can break or make your digital presence and website traffic. There are several factors that you’ll need to consider.
Utilize your SEO like an expert!
The algorithms used by search engines can be rather complex and include a number of different factors. Some of the common factors in the equation include keyword density, META tags, titles, inbound links, website traffic, and content.
Keyword refers to the words or phrases that describe your content. This is the key in creating a successful SEO strategy. However, there is a recommended number of times you can use your keywords and this is call keyword density.
With the right number of keywords, search engines will likely put your content on the top results.
What to do?
- Start brainstorming potential keywords
- See how the competition looks
- Don’t overuse and underuse your keywords.
- Choose between short and long-tail keywords based on your competition.
- The longer the keyword, the lesser the competition.
META tags are the descriptions of your page. These are pieces of HTML code that are essential in evaluating the content of a website. Placing keywords in these tags can be beneficial in some search engines.
What to do?
- Place relevant keywords only.
- Include meta tags in your routine.
- Check all of your pages if they have title tags and meta descriptions.
- Avoid placing irrelevant keywords.
- Mark up your images with alt text.
Inbound links refer to links on other websites that lead to your website. It is highly likely to gain more traffic if the website providing your website’s links are high ranking.
What to do?
- Make sure that high ranking websites use your website on their inbound links.
- Include inbound links that are related to your content.
- Avoid placing inbound links of your competitors as this can affect your sales.
- Evaluate the inbound links you’re putting.
The content on your website contributes greatly to your website rankings. It should contain relevant information and quality content while optimizing relevant keywords.
What to do?
- Provide a clear copy of the content.
- Include relevant information.
- Avoid placing irrelevant content.
- Optimize keywords in your content.
Images are an important part of your content. Some people will look into these more than the words. Further, your potential clients will also tend to trust you more if you show them the images of what they’re planning to do.
What to do?
- Use high-quality images.
- Place relevant images only.
- Put an alt text.
- Make your images interesting.
Now that you know how search engine rankings can greatly impact your website, you should consider hiring an SEO firm. Pareto Consulting can help you improve your website ranking! You can check our services as we can also provide copywriting services to ensure the quality of your content not only for your website visitors but also to search engines.